Monday, April 11, 2011

I love my flatware.

It's love. 

It's called Michelangelo, by Oneida. Love It.

  
It’s perfect for everyday use and it’s beautiful enough to set a formal table. It’s well balanced, sturdy, nice to hold, and pretty. Everything you need, right?

My love and I received several individual pieces for wedding gifts (A shout of THANKS to the Gift-Givers) and we lucked out on a full 8-piece set on sale right after we got married. We were set, until I started thinking about my “need” (rein it in?) for more pieces of both the everyday forks and spoons, and a few Iced Tea Spoons (I’ve loved Iced Tea Spoons since, forever. I grew up stirring my Nestlé Quick with an iced tea spoon – they have long held a special place in my heart). Since Small Group has been meeting at our place, more people are using the utensils more often. I’ve been saying to my love that we might actually *need* more pieces.

Recently, though, more have been appearing in the stack. Yes, my love does occasionally come home with extra flatware from the workplace for me to wash. These extras aren’t what I’m talking about. Without purchasing anything for the set in three years, we have more. Needless to say, I’m delighted!! I’d like to take this opportunity to thank whomever it may be that is secretly adding to our collection. My love says it’s not him. Perhaps the Lord saw our need and thus provided? I am so thankful!! Whoever it is, they place it right where it should go, as if nothing were different. Only my occasional OCD counting reveals the addition. I want to cry with joy when I count to even one higher number.

Thank you, Secret Flatware Giver. You make my heart smile.

-GH

No comments: